Under a contract with the U.S. Forest Service, PGI replaced doors and frames for structures at multiple locations in the San Bernardino National Forest. Project scope included demolishing and recycling existing doors, procuring new doors and related hardware, and repairing and painting doors and frames. PGI managed scheduling and environmental complexities in remote locations, including potential fire hazards from welding, grinding and cutting activities.
Various elements of the project included:
• Replace 37 doors
• Repair 15 frames
• Install ADA compliant locksets
• Install all pertinent hardware
◦ Door closers
◦ Door sweeps
◦ Door hinges
◦ Door stops
• Paint all doors and frames
• Concrete leveling to ensure proper door closure
• Recycling of damage doors and hardware
The project was completed ontime and within budget, with no safety incidents.
Excellent rating on the PPQ.